Do you travel a lot and have difficulty trying to keep fit? As many of you know, I travel a lot. I am constantly exposed to many people. It’s very important to take precautionary measures to be sure that you stay healthy while dealing with all of the germs around us while traveling. And staying fit is one way to avoid getting sick!
Over the years, I’ve learned that you have to prepare BEFORE you travel. It’s tempting to think that you’re going to figure it out when you check into your hotel room. That never happens! On that note, here are a few tips that have worked for me. See if you can apply some, if not, all of them on your next trip:
- Bring a resistance band or two in your luggage. If you’re in a pinch this can provide a effective on the go workout.
- Print out body-weight and outdoor workouts before you leave. This will encourage you to stick with a plan if there isn’t a gym available.
- Bring food for the airport and plane. This way you won’t be tempted to give into fattening airplane food when hunger strikes! You can freeze some foods if you know you’ll be there for a while.
- Bring your own snacks in your luggage. I like to bring non-perishable items and place them into my check-in luggage. Some of the food items that I bring with me are:
[li]Canned chicken (although you could bring tuna as well)[/li]
[li]Flavored rice cakes[/li]
[li]Vitamin C packets[/li]
- It is very important to stay hydrated while on the plane. Sometimes airlines do not offer an adequate amount of water while flying. You may want to consider bringing your own EMPTY large water bottle or purchasing a few water bottles before boarding
- Don’t forget to take your vitamins! When you travel, your immune system is under stress. Be sure to bring hand sanitizer or wipes as well to minimize your chances of catching a cold or the flu.
There you go guys! They may be simple tips, but you’ll be surprised how much you can get done by making these simple moves. Happy traveling!
Image source: Flickr