How our morning goes sets the mood for the day, right? To start the day off on the right foot, many fitness fanatics begin the day with morning cardio. But, what happens if you’re not an early bird? We all have days where we just drag ourselves out of bed. However, we don’t have to let drowsiness ruin the day. Try my tips and tricks to starting your day off right and on time!
1. Don’t skip breakfast. Always make time to eat. Make sure you have healthy food items handy in case you’re running late and don’t have time to make breakfast. A protein bar and some almonds would be a great example! One of my favorite quick, energy-filled breakfasts is a scoop of Gaspari Nutrition’s IsoFusion vanilla protein powder in my iced coffee that I get on my way to the gym. I will usually have this with a serving of fruit, like a banana.
2. Find the right motivation. Becoming an early bird is as easy as figuring out what would motivate you to want more time in the morning. How about spending a few more minutes at breakfast with the family? Or what about a little “me time” to reflect and plan the day ahead? Or how about the idea of dropping a few pounds by getting in your morning cardio session consistently?
3. Get as done much as you can the night before. For example, set out your clothes for the day and pack your lunch, so you can wake up and take on whatever it is you have planned for your morning.
4. Power down before bed. Spending time in front of a TV or computer screen before bed can disrupt sleep. Turn off these items roughly an hour before bedtime, so you can get a great night’s sleep and wake up rested.
5. Expose yourself to some natural sunlight upon waking up. Once you’ve awakened, open the blinds and allow some sunshine in. This will improve your mood for the day and motivate to get yourself going! Sunshine makes people happy. You can even have your breakfast on the porch, if weather permits.
6. Skip the snooze button. Place your alarm clock (or phone) on the opposite end of the room that you are sleeping in. The way you have to physically walk to turn it off.
7. Wake up to your favorite music. Set your alarm to your favorite good-mood songs.
8. Try an energy-boosting supplement. I use Gaspari Nutrition’s DetonateXT to help me perk up in the mornings.
9. Stretch it out. Take 5 minutes to do some light stretching upon waking up.
Start making changes in your early morning rituals today—you will begin to feel more feel fresh, awake and alert! Remember, it takes about 3 weeks to make a habit! Let me know how it goes and please share any tips you have!